Thank you for your interest in Casey’s Pond Senior Living. Currently, applications will only be considered for open job positions listed below. For employment inquiries or to apply for a pecific position, please submit application, resume, and cover letter to HR@caseyspond.org or mail to:
Casey’s Pond Human Resources, 2855 Owl Hoot Trail, Steamboat Springs, CO 80487.
Please no phone calls or walk-ins.
JOB OFFERINGS AT CASEYS POND
Job Title: Director of Plant Operations
FSLA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Chief Executive Director
Responsible for the cleaning, maintenance and repair of the interior, exterior, and surrounding grounds of Casey’s Pond in accordance with federal, state and local standards, regulations, codes and company policies. Directs the community maintenance, housekeeping and laundry staff, to include hiring, training, coaching, performance evaluation, disciplinary actions and termination. Directs the maintenance and upkeep of the buildings, resident units, common areas, and grounds through maintenance staff. Inspects completed work for conformance to standards and policies.
• Supervises maintenance technicians, housekeeping and laundry staff including hiring, scheduling, performance documentation, and other associated management duties
• Creates and implements preventative maintenance programs.
• Coordinates compliance with local, state and federal building and health codes, MSDS, OSHA, EPA, CDPHE regulations, and fire codes.
• Coordinates engineering contractors and venders, ensuring applicable licenses and insurance is current.
• Conducts regular inspections of life safety systems, including fire extinguishers and sprinkler systems.
• Coordinates annual apartment maintenance schedule and completion.
• Oversees necessary repairs and maintenance in apartments and common areas including refurbishment and upgrades for move-ins.
• Works with billing office to coordinate ancillary resident charges associated with housekeeping and maintenance requests
• Coordinates with the General Contractor for warranty repair items during first year of operation.
• Assists in the Furnishing, Fixtures and Equipment (FF&E) installation prior to building grand opening.
• Assists in the monitoring of final construction punch-list requirements of General Contractor.
• Develops orientation program for new residents and staff to encompass areas of responsibility.
• Retains, organizes and stores all building plans and specifications.
• Designs and builds work benches and storage systems in maintenance work-room and various storage areas.
• Establishes annual capital replacement budget and program that includes data input for tracking all assets and newly acquired assets
• Ensures the outside of the property is maintained, including landscaping, snow removal, and garbage/trash removal.
• Prepares and follows approved budget.
• Tracks utility consumption and expense files.
• Maintains inventory control for all general supplies, parts and equipment for necessary repairs and maintenance.
• Maintains all required engineering files.
• Assesses all plumbing and electrical problems within the community and determines the best course of action to correct the problem.
• Works within the legal scope of local and state codes.
• Reviews material safety data sheets (MSDS) as requested for potential exposure to hazardous chemicals used and take necessary precautions.
• Responds appropriately to resident or community emergencies by assisting as needed.
• Maintains office, shops and mechanical areas within company standards. May work weekend, evening or night to ensure Community needs are met, including shift coverage.
• Completes or assists with special projects as requested by management.
Note: This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his her supervisor. This position may also include exposure to various hazards including: drugs, chemicals, infectious/biological materials, falls, burns, odors, and cuts from equipment.
Education and Experience
Associate’s Degree or equivalent from a two year college or technical school and a minimum of three to five years related management experience and/or training
This position requires interaction with associates, residents and vendors. Candidates will be required to utilize sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems in adherence with Casey’s Pond Employee Handbook and Behavioral Code of Ethics.
Annual salary in range commensurate with skills, education, and experience; position eligible for full-time benefits included in accordance with Casey’s Pond Senior Living Community benefit plan.
To apply, please return Casey’s Pond job application, resume, and cover letter outlining relevant experience as it pertains to this job description to: HR@caseyspond.org or mail to: Casey’s Pond Human Resources, 2855 Owl Hoot Trail, Steamboat Springs, CO 80487. Please no phone calls or walk-ins.
Application Deadline: 5/31/13, Anticipated Start Date: 8/1/13